Saturday, May 17, 2014

I Can't Laugh

....or cry.  or sit.  or stand.  or cough.

.....or do much that requires the use of my lower abdomen without cringing in sheer pain!

Why?
There are two orange-sized ovaries in my body...carrying 24 gigantic follicles with eggs.
just a really cute picture of
 almonds and a sliced orange

Let's put things in perspective for you:

  • In a normal cycle, those ovaries would be the size of almonds.  ALMONDS!  So imagine the abdominal pressure.  
  • and yes, theoretically, I'd be pregnant with 24 babies if each of those eggs were fertilized with sperm.
  • do that math on THAT childcare bill!



So here's the timeline:
1.  Each of those follicles are measuring an average of 15mm
2.  They'll keep growing and we'll consider them mature around 22mm or so....any day now.
3.  Once that happens (ultrasound will show this), I'll inject myself with a trigger shot which will cause them to release the eggs.
4.  35 hours later, I'll go in for an egg retrieval surgery.
5.  ***still on the fence about how I want them fertilized during this period***
6.  Go back in for surgery 5 days later for embryo transfer
7.  Wait.......


No seriously...wait for an update ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment