Friday, June 27, 2014

Happy Birthday!

"Happy Birthday Mom" as we sang in unison.
"Thanks honies"
"Ready for your birthday present?"
"As ready as can be!!!"

Our gift to her this year was something Hallmark didn't have in stock.....it was a trip to the doc's office for our baby's first ultrasound.   picture...heartbeat....breathtaking.....God's creation...PERFECTION!
hehee....s/he looks like a bean

She didn't faint this time. 

About 2 months pregnant.  So far, so good.  All but morning sickness, thank God!  I just found out my girlfriend is also pregnant -- 2 months -- fabulous!!!  We symptom-swap every few days :)

So I'll remain under the care of my fertility team until about 10 weeks, then graduate to an OBGYN of my choice.  In that time, I'll continue using estrogen patches every other day, and daily progesterone injections in my tush.  Both hormones are needed for the lining of my uterus as the baby implants and grows (they would have been produced in my body had the unfertilized eggs not been harvested -- as they would have disintegrated and produced the necessary hormones preparing my body for pregnancy.  This is usually the case in a non-IVF pregnancy).  At around 10 weeks, the fetus will begin making its own progesterone, at which time I can stop the hormones and just remain on prenatal vitamins.

*important*  most women would opt to use their usual gynecologist after discovering a positive pregnancy test but buyer beware!   Lately, many OBGYNs have chosen to drop the 'ob' portion of their practice -- meaning they no longer deliver babies  -- for a number of reasons (ie: malpractice insurance premium, cost, etc).  Your OBGYN may in fact just be a GYN who only sees/treats women who are 3 months pregnant or less.  In this case, you must find an obstetrician to help you deliver.   So, if you find out you're pregnant, call your OBGYN and ask:  "Does Dr. Smith deliver babies?".  If not, time to go shopping.....for a new doc!   But here's the trick:  a lot of practices won't accept a mom-to-be beyond 3 months.  So start shopping EARLY!

3 comments:

  1. Redundant, I know; but I just have to do this. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. .....exciting!!! thank you Cherise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ������������������������������������������������������������������������������������ im so excited for u!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete