Monday, June 30, 2014

Why?

I refilled my last set of syringes today....counting down until I graduate from the fertility medical team to my obstetrician.  #bittersweet.  Two more weeks.  Today's hug with my nurse was a bit more emotional...love her!  I wish I had more time with her (but that actually has more dire implications....so #GIRLBYE!) .

"How did it feel to document it for all of us to see?"  ...asked a girlfriend last week.

It's one of many questions I've gotten about my blog.

"What if you have a miscarriage, will you blog about that?"
"Aren't you afraid of what people think?"
"Don't you think this is too personal to share?"

All valid points but none impactful enough to sway my decision to share this very intimate, painful yet exhilarating and amazing experience of a lifetime.  The inspiration to share one of the most naked experiences of my existence was divine, as like many, I was just as ashamed to open up. I was documenting my experience on a private blog so I could later reflect and gain clarity, but it quickly became a forum/guide/reference/conversation-starter for people of all walks of life -- couples undergoing fertility treatments, newlyweds in their early thirties not sure if they should get fertility testing before losing too much time trying to conceive, pregnant women, men/women who know nothing about infertility and IVF and have always been curious, the list goes on.  It's encouraging!

But you didn't answer their questions. 
Oh... right!!!

Miscarriage:  if this happens to be my fate, then I'd be thankful to live to tell it.  Not much more than God's Will.
Afraid:  no!  I've never been driven by fear.  I come from a culture where fear and the stigma of being imperfect drives people to do the unthinkable to keep up appearances.  I made the decision to LIVE fearlessly a very long time ago.  It's much more liberating.
Personal:  yes.  I also think it's too important 'not' to share.  Importance trumps personal ;).  If in my lifetime, my painful testimony helps just ONE soul thrive and get through a tough time in life, I'd say life was worth living!


No comments:

Post a Comment